Tubing and hose are made out from thermoset and thermoplastic materials which are widely used in medical, pharmaceutical, appliance, hydraulic, pneumatic and other industrial and commercial applications. Its fundamental purpose is to transfer specific kind of fluid, liquid or gas safely and efficiently in a given physical, mechanical and chemical environment.
Flexible PVC tubing offers numerous benefits, however, when flexibility, resiliency, and temperature resistance is required for application, rubber tubing is the characteristic choice for the same. Since rubber tubing is made out from elastomers, it provides superior stretchability and excellent strength. Rubber tubing is either made from natural rubber or synthetic rubber. Silicone rubber is synthetic elastomer which provides excellent benefits that make it the best pick while making the rubber tubing for different requirements.
Silicone tubing and hose offers exceptional purity, cleanliness, and non-toxicity. Additionally, it offers high as well as low temperature resistance which makes it perfect choice for wide range of applications across the industries. Silicone tubing is extruded, cross-linked, and vulcanized (cured) from silicone elastomers which either have peroxide cure system or platinum cure system depending upon application and project requirements. It can be extruded from 30 durometer to 80 durometer Shore A hardness silicone material. Silicone tubing can also be fabricated from commercial as well as special grades of silicone rubber like Food Grade, USP Class VI, UL, Mil Spec, ASTM and others. Silicone tubing and hoses are quite adaptable, versatile and offer excellent elasticity and flexibility. It does not change by the impacts of surrounding weather conditions. It displays inactivity toward U.V, radiation, and ozone, thus settling on it is a brilliant decision for electrically-related applications.
Advantages of Silicone Tubing
- High as well as low temperature resistance
- UV, Ozone and moisture resistant
- Offers excellent flexibility, compression set and resiliency
- Great weatherability & aging resistance
- Outstanding durability with re usability which overall reduces life time cost
- Chemically insert, odorless and tasteless
- Easy to mix with pigments which offers lots of color choice which provides better aesthetics
- Can easily bond and stay placed with connectors also have a
Disadvantages of Silicone Tubing
- Comparatively costlier than other synthetic elastomers
- Poor resistance to oil, fuel and oil-based products.
- Static charge of silicone rubber prone to attracts dirt so need extra attention & care
Where Silicone Tubing is used? Typical applications:
Silicone tubing has for quite some time been utilized for medical tubing, as it meets the restorative business prerequisites for neatness and non-poisonous quality. Silicone tubing is also utilized by many industrial sectors in a wide range of fluid handling techniques and methods. They are also utilized as electrical cable insulation also know as electrical sleeving and auto parts. Dielectric tubing and hot air ducting are likewise done utilizing silicone tubing. The factual qualities of Silicone, i.e. its resistance to extreme temperature variations, has allowed it to be used where adaptable and stretchable tubing is anticipated to face the temperatures that are unworkable with other materials.
Some typical applications of Silicone Tubing are:
- Dairy and milk processing
- Food and beverage processing
- Peristaltic pumps
- Medical equipment
- Electric wire and cable insulation
- Computer and electronics industry
- Cell and tissue culture system
- Pharmaceutical fluid transfer
- Appliance industry
- Scientific and laboratory application
- Water purification tubing
- Aerospace and military fluid conveyance
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) Equipment
- Automotive industry
- Outdoor telecommunications enclosures
- De ionize water purification
- High Voltage Insulation
If you have any question related to silicone tubing and it’s applications or looking for specific information about silicone tubing, platinum cured silicone tubing please contact Accurate Rubber Corporation via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 678-562-2097. We are more than happy to help you.